fredag 6 augusti 2010

Kihei beach, hawaii

My husband's hair is full of sand and he has pulled it back in a bun, using one of my hair bands. The kids are tanned, brown like ginger bread cookies, I am wearing a bikini and cut-offs around the clock. Pushing the stroller with little la luna in it, I get my coffee at the local bean scene stand run by surfers and the coffe-barista/beach bum who hands me my mug makes a comment about the baby whereupon I state that I am on my way to the beach to meet my husband and my other two children and he says Gosh you have three? you are so young! And my hair is tangled up in hopeless long threads and I laugh and I say no, I am not young. But when my husband gets our coffee the next morning in his swimming trunks and pony tail and la luna in the stroller which is falling apart any second now from all the travels, the barista says Hey brov, and my husband smiles and I am thinking that I could stay here forever.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar